The Institute: Visions & Missions
“Africa and Arab regions fully integrated and peaceful, adhering to the principles of equity, tolerance, complimentarity, solidarity and sustainable development and prosperity”
- To conduct research and strategic studies on ِ Afro-Arab cooperation.
To promote studies on cultural, socio-economic and political issues of interest to both parties.
- To protect the common cultural heritage, including manuscripts, monuments, works of art, historical artifacts etc… and strive to recover the missing cultural treasures belonging to Africa and the Arab World;
- To organize exchange programs, symposia, conferences and festivals bringing together cultural experts, scientists, youth, academicians and publish the outcome of such gatherings.
- To organize contests and offer scholarships and fellowships to encourage competitiveness among intellectuals, thinkers, authors, scientists, youth, sportsmen etc.
- To contribute to the publication and distribution of school/university textbooks and outstanding works to make them available to the general public;
To find extra-budgetary resources for protecting the African and Arab cultural heritage.
The objectives of the Afro-Arab Institute for Culture and Strategic Studies are to:
- Promote mutual knowledge of African and Arab peoples through their respective cultures.
- Strengthen cultural cooperation and exchange between the African and Arab regions and highlight their contribution to human civilization.
- Encourage and facilitate contacts, discussions and dialogue among officials, academicians, researchers, businessmen, thinkers and civil society organizations, on issues of common interest.
- Promote and encourage cultural exchange between the two regions in accordance with the principles and the resolutions on Afro-Arab Cooperation.
Contribute to the effective implementation of the resolutions, policy decisions and the programs of the AU and LAS.