The Director General of the Institute Dr Mohamed Salem SOUFI participates in the operational and planning workshop for the establishment of the Arabic, Amharic and Tamazight vehicular cross-border language commissions from 29 to 31 October 2019 in Addis Ababa – ETHIOPIA. The event is organized by the ACALAN (African Academy of Languages) which has so far established twenty (20) commissions that are one of its two working structures, the other being the national structures of languages serving as national focal points for ACALAN in African Union Member States.
The workshop aims among others:
- Create the commissions of Arabic, Amharic and Tamazight vehicular cross-border language commissions;
- To agree on the operating procedures of the Arabic, Amharic and Tamazight vehicular cross-border language commissions;
- Identify the priority areas of cross-border vehicular languages;
- Develop action plans taking into account the identified priority areas:
- Clarify the role of other stakeholders, including Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Regional Language and Culture Institutions (CILRs), Universities, Civil Society Organizations and National Structures of the ACALAN;
- Discuss any other issues related to the operation of vehicular cross-border language commissions.